Bed Bug Removal Services
Bed bugs are one of the most dreaded pest problems, and it’s easy to understand why. These tiny insects feed on the blood of their human hosts. Worst of all, they spread easily and are difficult to control in the El Paso TX area without the help of a bed bug exterminator.
At Pest Defense Solutions, our bed bug extermination experts know not only how to remove an infestation but to protect you from bed bugs in the future as well!
Frequently Asked Questions About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are tiny but have several characteristics that make them stand out. Adult bed bugs grow to be 5 mm in size and are brown in color. Their usually flat, oval-shaped bodies can appear engorged after a blood meal, and may even have a red tint. Bed bug nymphs are much smaller, translucent in color, and difficult to see. Bed bug eggs are minuscule (the size of a pinhead) and pearly white in color.
Bed bugs are unique in that they consume only blood. They prefer human hosts but have been known to bite other animals at times. They will travel 5 to 20 feet from their hiding spot to feed on their host. Bed bugs feed every three to four days for intervals that take 3-12 minutes. Adult bed bugs have been known to survive months without a meal if necessary.
Even though they bite, bed bugs are not considered the most dangerous pests. Bed bug bites do not transmit any diseases. The biggest danger of bed bugs is the distress they can cause. A bed bug infestation certainly causes disruption to your daily life and can cause a loss of sleep and general anxiety. Bed bugs may not be as harmful as some other pest problems, but they remain to be one of the most concerning nuisance pests.
Bed bug bites are confused for other types of bug bites often. Here’s how to tell them apart:
- Bites tend to occur in lines or zigzag patterns, not random clusters.
- Bed bug bites leave red, itchy marks on areas of your body that are exposed at night (often your arms and legs).
- When you are bitten, you usually will not feel the bite itself. Bed bugs inject saliva containing an anesthetic that inhibits your ability to feel it. Symptoms start to show a few hours to a few days later.
- Although rare, some bites can be more serious and turn into welts. With any severe symptoms, it’s important to seek medical attention.
Bed bugs usually live in groups and typically inhabit locations where people sleep or rest for extended periods of time. In addition to bedding, mattresses, and box springs, there are other areas where bed bugs tend to hide. This includes but is not limited to cracks and crevices in your walls, sofas, chairs, wooden furniture, and even power outlets!
Bed bug infestations can be unpredictable, but there are a few steps you can take to protect yourself against an infestation.
- Before purchasing used furniture or second-hand items, check for any signs of bed bugs or bed bug activity.
- When traveling, do not set luggage down on the bed or furniture until you have inspected bedding, mattresses, curtains, and the headboard.
- Use a protective cover that encases mattresses and box springs to eliminate many hiding spots.
There are several types of bed bug treatment, but thermal remediation is considered to be one of the most effective methods. At Pest Defense Solutions, our bed bug treatment strategy focuses on exterminating bed bugs with conventional application methods as well as bed bug heat treatments. In any case, DIY bed bug treatment is never recommended and will not provide a long-term solution to your bed bug problem.
Ready for a FREE Pest Control Quote?
Leave your information below and we'll call you.
Do You Need bed bug Pest Control?
When it comes to bed bug problems, it’s best to not take any risks and always enlist the help of a professional. Bed bugs hide in mattresses, baseboards, upholstered furniture, and even in light switches or power outlets. Our bed bug removal team knows how to search every nook and cranny in your property to find and remove the entire infestation.
Our Bed Bug Removal Process
No one wants to deal with bed bugs in their home. When you do notice the signs of a bed bug problem, it’s important to call our bed bug exterminators as soon as possible.
Our bed bug pest control services include the following steps:
- A thorough property inspection to identify the source of the infestation and the location of the bed bugs
- A discussion to review findings and determine the treatment plan
- Implementation of bed bug treatment to infested areas
- A detailed bed bug extermination report describing the treatment
- Bed bug control and prevention tips to avoid future infestations
Industry-Leading Bed Bug Exterminators
When it comes to bed bug control, DIY or at-home methods simply won’t work. These insects are hard to get rid of without the help of a bed bug exterminator. At Pest Defense Solutions, our bed bug extermination experts will thoroughly inspect your home and come up with a bed bug removal plan suited to the needs of your property.
You can trust we will protect you, your family, and your property from bed bugs all year long!
Need help with Bed Bugs?
Get a quote with no obligation in 30 minutes or less.
Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM