Most people know someone that is prone to being bit by mosquitoes. Whether you’re a magnet for mosquitoes or not, it’s important to learn about proper mosquito bite prevention and treatment. Especially in El Paso summers, mosquitoes can be a bigger threat than you think. Their bites can cause itching, irritation, and even swelling. While rare, bites are also infamous for transmitting diseases around the globe. To protect you and your family against mosquitoes and their bites, keep reading for top tips from the experts at Pest Defense Solutions!
Best Mosquito Bite Prevention Tips
To avoid getting a mosquito bite, it’s important to learn how to avoid contact with mosquitoes entirely! Three ways you can prevent mosquito bites include:
- Try to avoid going outdoors at dawn or dusk as much as possible. This is when mosquitoes are most active and likely to bite.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, jackets, and long-legged pants. Treating the clothing with insect repellent will help as well.
- If you do spend a lot of time outdoors, apply insect repellent that contains at least 25 percent DEET. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when applying.
Ready for a FREE Pest Control Quote?
Leave your information below and we'll call you.
Mosquito bite treatment
For the most part, mosquito bites don’t cause serious symptoms and heal quickly. However, it’s still important to learn about the best mosquito bite treatments, which can luckily be done right at home!
- After being bitten, always wash the bite in cold water and use soap to clean the area.
- Use anti-inflammatories, antihistamines, and over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream if the itching is painful.
- Try to avoid scratching the site of the bite. This will irritate the skin and may hinder the healing process.
- In the rare case, you develop any unexpected symptoms or it appears you’re suffering from an infection, it’s crucial to receive medical attention for proper treatment.
How to prevent mosquito problems
The key to avoiding mosquito bites is to avoid mosquitoes altogether! To do this, it’s best to work with a pest control company such as Pest Defense Solutions, who can help administer effective mosquito repellents for your yard and prevent the insects come mosquito season. To learn more about mosquito bite prevention and treatment or to get a free quote on our repellents, give our mosquito exterminators a call today!Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal
Mosquito Bite Prevention and Treatment in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM