El Paso experiences warm weather throughout most of the year, meaning mosquitoes can become a big problem for residents. In the summer months, mosquitoes are out in full force, usually in areas with standing water. All around the world, mosquitoes are a huge health threat. For this reason, it’s important to learn about preventing mosquitoes in your yard right here in El Paso TX.
In addition to following the tips below, it’s best to team up with the mosquito exterminators at Pest Defense Solutions who can help protect you and your family from mosquitoes year-round.
Preventing Mosquitoes in 3 Easy Steps
To avoid the onslaught of mosquitoes in your yard, there are a few ways you can make your yard less appealing to the pesky insects. Some of our expert tips on preventing mosquitoes in your yard include:
- Get rid of all standing water. To be able to reproduce, mosquitoes need a source of standing water. Puddles, planters, buckets, ponds, and even tarps that provide standing water should be covered or removed.
- Plant a strategic garden. Rosemary, citronella, and marigolds are just three of the many types of plants known to naturally repel mosquitoes.
- Get the air moving. Mosquitoes do not like the wind! If you have a covered patio, consider installing a ceiling fan or place an outdoor standing fan to avoid still air.
Ready for a FREE Pest Control Quote?
Leave your information below and we'll call you.
DIY Mosquito Prevention
Most people have used a mosquito repellent from a store at one point. But do they work? There are many DIY solutions and store-bought products that claim to be effective, but they usually only last for a short period of time. These products may work for a short time, but are never a long-term mosquito prevention solution:
- Spray repellent: While this spray might keep mosquitoes at bay for a short time, it’s not guaranteed and needs to be re-applied.
- Citronella products or candles: As attractive as these may be, they only work in a limited area and for a while.
- Chemical sprays: Spraying chemicals around your property may work for a little bit, but it’s not effective long term! Chemical-laced products are not good for the environment and can be dangerous for humans, too.
Professional Mosquito Prevention Services.
To avoid having to deal with a mosquito infestation, it’s important to protect your home before the weather warms up. When you call Pest Defense Solutions for mosquito prevention, we can keep your yard protected before the mosquito season hits! Get a free quote from our mosquito exterminators today!Back to Mosquito Exterminators – Control – Removal
Preventing Mosquitoes in Your Yard in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM