How to Prevent Mosquito Bites in El Paso
In the warmer months here in El Paso, mosquito populations soar. To avoid dealing with mosquito bites, there are a few precautions you can take:
- Schedule outdoor activities according to mosquito activity. They are most active at dawn and dusk.
- Pour out or cover sources of still water in your yard.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants when spending time outside.
- Use an EPA-registered insect repellent on your skin and clothes. Always consult your pediatrician before use on children.
What Clothes to Wear to Repel Mosquitoes
Mosquitoes will target you wherever your skin is exposed. This typically means your arms, legs, neck, hands, and feet. Limit skin exposure by wearing long sleeves and pants whenever possible. In dire cases, tucking your pants into your socks gives your legs extra protection. Because mosquitoes are most active in the summer, it can be a pain to try to protect yourself with warmer clothing. When you choose to leave exposed skin, consider using an EPA-registered insect repellent to keep mosquitoes away.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
How to Prevent Mosquito Bites Overnight
Mosquitoes are most active at dawn and dusk. Many people have woken up during a camping trip only to realize that they’ve been the site for a mosquito feast as they slept. A few of the ways to prevent this from happening to you are:
- Install mosquito nets to stay up overnight.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants, preferably of bright colors.
- Sleep with a fan on to block mosquitoes with the wind.
- Use an EPA-approved mosquito repellent.
- Take a shower before going to sleep to eliminate any lingering scents.
- If indoors, close your windows before bed.
How to Prevent Mosquito Bites on Pets
Mosquitoes will bite many different animals, including your pets. Ask your vet about how to choose a dog or cat-safe mosquito repellent. Also, remember to be conscious of when you are walking your dog, because mosquitoes are most active at dawn and dusk. During the spring, get rid of or cover any standing water on your property to eliminate potential mosquito breeding grounds. Make sure to watch out for scratching or signs that your pets have been bitten by mosquitoes.
How To Prevent Mosquito Bites In El Paso TX in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM