How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard
Mosquitoes are attracted to areas in your yard where they can breed and lay their eggs. In order to reproduce properly, mosquitoes need to find a source of standing water. To prevent mosquitoes in your yard, it’s important to limit the number of potential mosquito breeding sites. This entails:
- Getting rid of stagnant water
- Covering pools, spas, and birdbaths when not in use
- Putting screens on windows and doors
- Using fans
- Hiring a professional exterminator
Why Are There So Many Mosquitoes in My Backyard?
Certain regions are more prone to mosquitoes than others. If you live somewhere with hot and humid summers, you can be sure to experience months of high mosquito populations. If you live near heavily wooded areas, these numbers might be even higher. In general, mosquitoes will invade your backyard if they a place to breed. This makes it important to eliminate attracting factors like standing water.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
6 Tricks to Keep Mosquitoes Out Of Your Yard in El Paso
The best actions you can take to keep mosquitoes away from your yard include:
- Get rid of standing water. Pour out still water in buckets, flowerpots, birdbaths, tarps, and more. Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water.
- Consider getting fish for ponds or agitating the water. Some species of fish feed on mosquito larvae. You might also consider adding an agitator to stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in the water.
- Install screens on windows and doors. Place screens on your doors and windows to let fresh air inside without mosquitoes following.
- Keep your yard tidy. Regularly maintain your garden and lawn to keep the grass short. Any piles of foliage or untrimmed plants can be used as mosquito shelters or resting spots.
- Install fans. Mosquitoes hate wind and are not strong fliers. Keeping fans going around you will keep them away.
- Inspect your yard consistently. Keep an eye out for potential mosquito breeding grounds and get rid of them. Consult your local mosquito control experts for assistance.
How Does Professional Mosquito Treatment Prevent Mosquitoes?
If these prevention tips did not stop a mosquito breakout from happening in your yard, reach out to your local mosquito exterminators. The experts at Pest Defense Solutions will set up a custom plan to rid your yard of mosquitoes for the months to come.
How To Prevent Mosquitoes In Your Yard in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM