Usually, wild animals are a completely normal part of the environment. When they get on your property, however, they can be a bit more dangerous than you think! Whether you have an opossum in your attic, raccoons nesting under your porch, or some other type of wild animal trying to take up space in your El Paso property, it’s always recommended to get professional help. Removing them on your own can be potentially dangerous. It’s also important to learn how to prevent wildlife from entering your home in the first place!
Ready for a FREE Pest Control Quote?
Leave your information below and we'll call you.
5 Ways to Prevent Wildlife
As with all pests, wild animals are always in search of food, water, or shelter. For wild animals, this is especially common when temperature changes drive them to new areas. Five ways you can prevent wildlife from entering your home year-round include:
- Keep a tidy yard. Make sure to keep garbage sealed, and clean up any debris or leaf piles to avoid attracting wildlife in your yard.
- Cover vents and openings. Dryer vents are warm and appealing, especially to squirrels or smaller animals. Cover the opening of a dryer vent with a piece of wire mesh cloth or screening to keep wild animals out!
- Protect your chimney. A chimney provides the perfect opportunity for nesting and it can attract raccoons, birds, bats, and squirrels. Inexpensive screens, hardware netting, and chimney caps can all be used to protect your chimney.
- Protect your porch. The space beneath porches and decks is a perfect spot for many animals to make a new home. Mesh, wood, or hardware cloth barriers can keep animals out.
- Cover overhangs and gutters. Overhangs provide a place for birds, squirrels, and raccoons to take refuge. Make sure to cut back any tree branches near the home and consider investing in enclosed gutters.
How to Prevent Wildlife Invasions in El Paso
The best way to protect your yard and property from wild animals is to implement exclusion efforts. At Pest Defense Solutions, we know how overwhelming this can be, which is why we offer exclusion services! For more information about how we can keep wild animals out, give our team a call today!Back to Wildlife Control – Exclusion – Removal
Prevent Wildlife From Entering Your Home in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM