What Are Pantry Pests?
Serving El Paso | Horizon City | Socorro | Anthony NM
Also known as stored product pests, pantry pests are any type of insect that, true to name, infests grains and other stored products in your home. Pantry moth infestations often begin when infested items are brought into your home from the store. Some of these pests are minuscule, making it difficult to detect until you go to use your flour or dried grain product. They may not be as dangerous, but pantry pest beetles are nonetheless a nuisance. It can be distressing to find them inside your cupboards, making it important to know how to get rid of them naturally.
Common Pantry Pests in El Paso
Different types of pantry pest beetles are known to infest different items. The most common infested items include dried beans, rice, pasta, flour, dried fruits, seeds, pet food, and more.
The types of pantry pests we most often deal with in El Paso include:
- Confused flour beetles
- Indian meal moths
- Rice weevils
- Saw-toothed grain beetles
- Powderpost beetles
- Cigarette beetles
- Merchant grain beetles
Get a Free No-Obligation Quote!
We'll be in touch in 30 minutes or less.
How to Get Rid of Pantry Bugs
To avoid dealing with pantry pest extermination, it’s important to learn what you can do to keep pantry pest beetles away in the first place. The best form of pantry pest control is prevention! Some of our top tips to prevent these pests include:
- Securely store dry goods: Always store food and baking ingredients in airtight containers.
- Check the date: Look through and toss any expired items from your cupboard before using them.
- Inspect your groceries: At the grocery store and before bringing them indoors, check your purchased goods for damage.
- Properly store seasonal items: Dried foliage, Indian corn, and other seasonal items should be kept in sealed containers while not in use throughout the year.
- Place bay leaves in containers: Sticking a bay leaf inside canisters of dry goods like flour, rice, and other grains can help keep pantry pest weevils and other pests out.
When To Get Pantry Pest Control
If you discover pantry pests in your home or business, there’s no reason to panic. The good news is that it can be easy to get rid of pantry pests naturally. Carefully dispose of infested items and thoroughly clean your pantry while looking for signs of more pantry pest beetles.
If you are still dealing with these nuisance pests, it’s time to call the pantry pest extermination experts at Pest Defense Solutions. Our pantry pest control can keep you safe all year long.
Pantry Pest Control in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM