Expert Rat & Mice Exterminators
Serving El Paso | Horizon City | Socorro | Anthony NM
If you’re a property owner, the last thing you want to deal with is a rodent infestation. Rats and mice inside of homes or businesses are gross, can ruin reputations, and cause destruction. Seeing just one rodent inside your property may indicate a bigger problem, which is why it’s important to call the rodent control team at Pest Defense Solutions as soon as you see even one near or inside your El Paso property.
We guarantee our rodent extermination will keep you safe from the dangers of rats and mice in your home year-round.
Frequently-Asked Rodent Questions
Norway rats, roof rats, house mice, deer mice, and woodrats are the most common rodents here in El Paso. All of these rodents are mammals best known for their strong, ever-growing incisors. Other rodents include squirrels, capybaras, and more. All rodents are nocturnal, meaning they are active during the night and rest during the day.
Rodents are known for their athletic abilities. Rats in particular are excellent climbers. Roof rats are known to jump from overhanging trees to access roof lines and attics. Mice can squeeze through a hole the size of a dime and rats only need a gap the size of a quarter. Rodents enter homes using gaps around dryer vents, utility pipes, exterior doors, and garage doors, and will also gain entry through chimneys. Rodents can fit through openings smaller than you want to think.
Rats and mice can indeed bite, but it’s rare. A rat bite most often occurs when the rodent feels defensive. Needless to say, a rat bite can be dangerous for several reasons:
- Rat saliva in some species carries dangerous diseases such as leptospirosis and Hantavirus.
- In even more rare circumstances, bite victims may contract rat-bite fever or tetanus infections.
- Always seek professional medical attention when bit by a rat or mouse, especially when you exhibit symptoms.
Rodents are not subtle creatures, meaning it is easy to tell when you have an infestation inside your property. The top signs of rodent activity in your El Paso home include:
- Gnaw marks on door corners and walls, or gnawed fruit in trees
- Rat droppings are shiny black and up to 3/4″ long. Mice droppings are smaller with pointed ends.
- Odd noises or scratching sounds at night in the walls.
- Spotting burrows outdoors along foundations, walls or trees is a sign of Norway rat activity.
- Foul odors that are otherwise inexplicable could be due to a rodent problem.
A rodent infestation is infamous for being one of the more destructive pest problems. Accounts of the rodents’ ability to start fires by carrying matches to their hiding places, as well as by causing short circuits through the gnawing of electrical wires, have been widely reported. Chewed, exposed wires inside walls may spark, causing interior walls to catch fire. They also cause damage with their nesting habits.
There are many diseases that can be carried and spread by rodents. The main ones include:
- Lassa fever
- Rat-bite fever
Rodents are a year-round pest problem. However, reports of infestations spike in the fall and winter months. This is because rats and mice will try to make their way inside your property to wait out the colder months. Once inside, they can cozy up in your attic, basement, and other areas.
To prevent rodents from getting inside, it’s important to learn how to make your property less attractive to them in the first place. Our tips are as follows.
- Keep your home clean and free of clutter, and use tight fitting lids on trash bins.
- Eliminate access to your home and remove the food and water resources that attract them.
- Seal gaps and holes around utility cables, outdoor vents or pipe work with steel wool or silicone-based caulk.
- Outdoors, pick up fallen fruit, clean up around bird feeders, remove leaf litter and and pick up pet waste.
Rodents can be a very dangerous pest problem. For that reason alone, it’s usually best to enlist the help of a pest control expert. DIY methods such as rat traps and glue traps might be effective for a short while but are rarely a long-term solution for infestations. Professional rat exterminators can ensure all rodents are removed as well as protect your property from future infestations.
Signs You have a Rodent Infestation
Keep Rodents Out of Your Home
Dangers of Rodents in Texas
When to Call a Rodent Exterminator
Get a Free No-Obligation Quote!
We'll be in touch in 30 minutes or less.
Our Rodent Control Process
If you have a rodent infestation, it’s usually easy to tell. Rats and mice make their presence known with their droppings, gnaw marks, scratching habits, and foul odors. If you notice any of the signs, it’s time to call our rodent exterminators.
The steps our rat and mice exterminators will take include:
- A thorough property inspection to identify the source of the infestation and the rodent species
- Placement or application of rodent control products and treatments
- Proper sealing of entry points to control sources of the infestation
- A detailed rodent control report describing the treatment
- Prevention tips from our rodent exterminators to avoid future infestations
El Paso’s Industry-Leading Mice & Rat Exterminators
When it comes to rats and mice, it’s always recommended to call a rodent pest control company for quick and effective extermination services. At Pest Defense Solutions, we know how distressing an infestation can be, which is why our rat and mice exterminators implement our rodent removal methods quickly and efficiently. Our goal is to provide you with rodent-free living.
Our rodent exterminators can be trusted to keep you and your family safe from rats & mice year-round
Rodent Exterminators – Control – Removal in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM