Rodents are likely one of the most feared pest problems. They may not be as destructive as termites or frightening as spiders, but seeing a rat or mouse inside your home or business can be distressing and dangerous. Rodents can carry bacteria and can spread disease through their droppings. To avoid dealing with a full-blown problem, it’s important to learn the signs you have a rodent infestation on your El Paso property early on. Read on for expert info from the team here at Pest Defense Solutions.
Signs of a Rodent Problem in El Paso
Rats and mice aren’t exactly subtle, making it easy to notice their presence. The seven most typical signs of a mice infestation in your property are:
- Droppings. Rodent droppings are odorous and can cause a safety hazard. This is the most obvious sign of a rodent problem!
- Foul odors. A stale smell that you can’t explain or foul odor from droppings and urine are big indicators of a rat or mouse infestation.
- Strange noises. If you notice chewing, scratching, or gnawing sounds in the attic or in your walls, it’s probably due to mice or rats.
- Burrows or tunnels. Check under boards, in the doghouse, weedy spots, and near garbage cans for signs of burrows, which means rats and mice may be tunneling into your home.
- Gnaw marks. If you notice food packages with little holes or gnaw marks, it could be indicative that rats or mice have been eating your food.
- Nests or nesting materials. Chewed up, the shredded paper found in your attic, in boxes or drawers can be a sign of rats or mice making nests in your home.
- Runways or tracks. Rats and mice might leave tracks along the floor, so spread out some talcum powder along countertops and baseboards to see if you notice paw prints.
Get a Free No-Obligation Quote!
We'll be in touch in 30 minutes or less.
How to Control Rodents
If you’ve seen the signs of a rodent infestation, it’s important to call a professional rodent exterminator. If you ignore the signs of rats or mice, you could be setting yourself up for a bad infestation! Mice reproduce at a rapid rate, which is why it’s important to stop them from spreading as soon as possible. Rats breed throughout the year, and one female can produce up to five litters per year, numbering fourteen or more. Bottom line: seeing any of the above mice infestation signs warrants a call to your local pest control company.
Rodent Infestation Signs—What to Do
If you think you have rats or mice in your home, it’s best to leave the work to the professionals. The team at Pest Defense Solutions is well-versed in the signs of rodent infestations and can thoroughly inspect your property to locate any activity. For a free quote on our rodent inspections and removal, give us a call today!Back to Rodent Exterminators – Control – Removal
Signs You Have a Rodent Infestation in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM