Nobody wants to deal with a spider problem inside their property. For this reason, it’s smart to learn spider prevention tips for your El Paso Texas home. Most spider species are relatively harmless, but that doesn’t mean you want them in your home or business! Like many types of pests, spiders move indoors for food and shelter. Spider prevention requires sealing your home against them. Keep reading for our top tips on keeping spiders out of your property all year long.
Most Effective Spider Prevention Tips
To avoid having spiders in your property, it’s important to stay proactive about preventing them. There are several ways you can lessen the risk of a spider infestation:
- Always inspect boxes and pieces of furniture for egg sacs or live spiders before moving them indoors.
- Locate and seal any potential entry points around your foundation, walls, or windows to stop spiders from crawling in.
- Maintain a clean, tidy home to prevent the many types of insects that spiders prey on.
- Place sticky traps in specific rooms to monitor spider activity.
- Keep your grass mowed and all vegetation trimmed. Spiders are attracted to bushes, shrubs, woodpiles, and compost piles in your yard.
Ready for a FREE Pest Control Quote?
Leave your information below and we'll call you.
Does DIY Spider Prevention Work?
It’s understandable why you may want to use all-natural or DIY products to prevent spiders. While they won’t work to exterminate an infestation, there are several all-natural methods that may help ward off spiders in the first place. A fine layer of diatomaceous earth sprinkled around the perimeter of your property will kill any spider that crawls across it. In addition, peppermint, tea-tree, citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils are all known to deter spiders. Even if these work to prevent a spider problem, they won’t offer a long-lasting solution to a full-blown spider infestation.
How to Keep Spiders Away Long-Term
If you’re seeing an excessive amount of spiders or webs in your home—or if you’ve spotted a black widow, brown recluse, it’s best to call a spider exterminator. At Pest Defense Solutions, we know spiders can be distressing, which is why we offer industry-leading spider control. Get a free quote from our experts today!Back to Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal
Spider Prevention Tips in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM