Buying a Home With Termite Damage in El Paso
Provided a home or property has been inspected and protected against termites, it is completely safe to purchase a property with past termite damage.
Buying a home is generally one of the biggest investments you’ll make in a lifetime. Anyone would be concerned about putting a down payment on a property with termite damage. Fortunately, barring an active infestation, it is usually considered to be safe and completely normal to buy a home with a history of termites.
Is it Safe to Buy a Home With Termite Damage?
It is completely safe to purchase and live in a home with a past termite problem. Nevertheless, it is wise to take the following measures to ensure your property is protected:
- Obtain a WDI report that will detect any evidence of past, present, or possible future infestations.
- If any damage is detected, you may be able to negotiate costs with the seller to cover treatment and repair expenses.
- As a precaution, ask the seller for any infestation history regarding the home in case the WDI report misses something.
- If a home has significant structural damage or active termites, it’s up to the buyer to decide whether they want to continue with the purchase of the home.
- Provided that repairs have been made regarding past termite activity, you should not allow a history of termites to stop you from buying your dream home.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can I Sell My Home If I Had Termites?
Like all property damage, unrepaired termite damage will diminish a home’s value. This doesn’t mean you won’t be able to sell your home, but you do need to disclose termite damage. Whether you have had a past infestation that was treated and caused minimal damage or currently have active termites in the home, it’s critical to be honest about termite infestations when selling the home. As a seller, be prepared to pay for inspections, treatments, and even repairs if necessary.
Can Termites Re-Infest Homes?
Any home can be susceptible to additional termite infestations. A home with a previous infestation has the same risk of being infested as a new home does. To protect and avoid the destruction caused by termites, it is recommended to implement regular inspections, treatments, and prevention methods into your home maintenance routine. This will help facilitate the process when you decide to sell your home.
Buying a home with termite damage in El Paso in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM