How can I prevent termites naturally?
Once a termite infestation is detected, you may be tempted to try natural treatment methods. Unfortunately, natural termite solutions are not strong enough to control an active infestation. However, natural control methods may help protect your home or yard from termite activity.
Homeowners may be suspicious of pest control treatments that may appear to be dangerous. All-natural termite prevention can help put your mind at ease. Some of the all-natural methods used to prevent termites include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. These all work in different ways to repel termites.
Tips to Prevent Termites Naturally
Bear in mind that if you have an active termite infestation, you will need professional treatment to eliminate the colony. Additionally, there are several all-natural techniques that may help prevent or repel termites from your home or business. These include:
- Orange oil: Can be applied into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control several types of garden pests, and can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: Often effective since they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Sunlight: Termites are very sensitive to sunlight; exposing infested furniture to daylight can kill off any hiding termites.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can I Get Rid of Termites Naturally?
To prevent a termite infestation, it’s highly recommended that all homeowners have their homes inspected annually. Older homes tend to be more at risk for termites, making it necessary to perform your own inspections, as well as obtaining a professional’s opinion each year. As highly trained professionals, termite exterminators know exactly where to look for termites.
DIY vs. Professional Termite Prevention
Enlisting the help of an expert who knows how to check for the earliest signs of termites is crucial to preventing an infestation. A professional can thoroughly inspect for all of the aforementioned signs of termites in your home, but they are trained to find the smaller, less noticeable signs of termites as well. Regular termite inspections are your best defense against an infestation.
How can I prevent termites naturally? in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM