Homeowners dread seeing ants crawl across their kitchen counters or along their floorboards. Unfortunately, this is an extremely common occurrence. Ants are infamous for spreading quickly and can be difficult to get rid of without a professional, making it important to learn the most effective ant prevention tips. In this article, the experts at Pest Defense Solutions share their top tips on keeping ants out of your El Paso home or business!
Contact Us Today for a Free Estimate!
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Keep Ants Away Naturally
As appealing as they may be, DIY or all-natural ant control methods simply will not provide long-term relief from a full-blown infestation. However, some at-home methods may prove helpful in preventing ant problems. Planting mint around the perimeter of your home, using a vinegar and water spray solution, or spreading diatomaceous earth, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or black pepper around your home may help repel ants. For the most part though, they will not work to treat an active infestation. Ants are infamous for being never-ending, making it important to use stronger, more effective products to get rid of them.
3 Ant Prevention Tips
As a property owner, there are several ways you can lessen the risk of getting an ant infestation. For ant problem prevention, implement the following tips:
- Control excess moisture in the property.
- Fix leaky pipes and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Limit ant food sources.
- Keep kitchens clean and free of crumbs.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly.
- Store any food in airtight containers and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Use a lid on trash cans and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Seal entry points.
- Routinely check the perimeter of your property for entry points and seal them.
- Ensure all windows and doors don’t have cracks, and consider installing screens.
Keeping Ants Away For Good
If all of the above ant prevention tips still leave you with ants, it’s time to call an ant exterminator. Left untreated, ant problems can spread and quickly get worse. At Pest Defense Solutions, we can help you determine the sources that may be contributing to your ant problem. In addition to our ant removal, we can help you learn how to keep ants out for good. Call us today!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM