Flea Control in El Paso
Serving El Paso | Horizon City | Socorro | Anthony NM
If you have cats or dogs, you’re likely accustomed to the dangers of flea infestations. These parasitic insects are a nuisance to deal with, but they can be dangerous as well. Getting rid of a flea problem is no easy task, making it important to know how to prevent fleas in the first place.
At Pest Defense Solutions, we know how distressing fleas can be. Our flea exterminators will ensure you, your family, and your pets are safe from fleas year-round.
What Are the Signs of Fleas?
By being aware of the signs of fleas on your pets or inside your home, you can effectively reduce the risk of an infestation. Here’s what to keep an eye out for:
- Adult fleas. Adults are 1/8″ and red-brown in color. On your pet, they look like dot-like bugs in the hind legs or neck.
- Unexplainable pet behavior. Constant scratching, reddened skin, hair loss, and welts or bumps are all signs of fleas on dogs or cats.
- Flea feces. Also known as flea dirt, flea feces look similar to coarse black pepper.
- Larvae or eggs. Larvae look like minuscule white worms that are about 2-5 mm long with pale hairs covering their bodies.
Get a Free No-Obligation Quote!
We'll be in touch in 30 minutes or less.
5 Tips for Flea Removal & Prevention
To avoid a flea infestation, it’s important to learn how to prevent them altogether. Whether you think your pet carried a flea into your home or you want to have ongoing protection against them, there are several things you can do to keep fleas away for good:
- Keep nuisance wildlife out of your yard. Raccoons, opossums, deer, cattle, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, and skunks can all carry fleas and deposit flea eggs and larvae into your yard.
- Get an appointment with your veterinarian. Flea control products can safeguard your cats and dogs from fleas, which will effectively keep them out of your home!
- Bathe and groom your pets regularly. Especially if your dogs or cats spend time outside, routinely check them for fleas.
- Wash all bedding frequently. Regularly run your pet’s bedding, laundry, sheets, and more through a hot wash.
- Clean your home. Thoroughly vacuum your property and keep a tidy yard to prevent fleas and other parasitic insects.
El Paso’s Top Flea Exterminators
Because fleas are such a pain to deal with, it’s crucial to implement flea prevention in your home and for your pets. Here at Pest Defense Solutions, our flea exterminators will walk you through the process of keeping your property flea-free.
As a QualityPro-certified company, we will work hard to keep you, your family, and your pets safe from fleas all year long.
Flea Exterminators – Control – Removal in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM