How Do You Prevent Termites When Building a New Home in El Paso?
When building a new home, one of the best ways to prevent termites is to treat the lumber used to construct the home and utilize termite-resistant materials. When new homes or buildings are built, builders often look to use certain materials that will stand up against termites.
To prevent termites when constructing a new building, it’s best to apply treatment before, during, and after the property is built.
Common methods used to prevent termites when building a new home in El Paso:
- Using treated lumber when constructing a new build
- Using termite-resistant materials instead of or in addition to wood
- Applying chemicals on all points of contact where wood directly come in contact with the soil
- Implementing preventative safety measures to ensure the new home is protected
Pre-Build Termite Prevention
Certain species of termites need contact with the soil in order to survive. There are several strategies builders will utilize to prevent termites in the pre-construction phase:
- Treating the soil to form a chemical barrier.
- Using pressure-treated or termite-resistant wood, such as resinous woods.
- Limiting or eliminating wood-to-soil contact throughout the entire foundation by using a concrete base as a barrier.
- Ensuring the home will receive proper ventilation to prevent excess moisture and humidity.
- Building the home in such a way to create proper drainage. This is best achieved by sloping the soil away from the foundation.
- When building crawlspaces, builders will be wary of keeping wood above the ground to avoid contact with soil.
- Using galvanized steel or concrete barriers to help block entry points.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can Termites Be Prevented in New Buildings?
Prevention methods can help deter termites when constructing a new home, however, it’s important to have ongoing preventative services in place with a professional pest control company to keep your home protected. Preventative measures include eliminating excess moisture, repairing leaky water pipes, removing dead or rotten sources of wood, keeping firewood away from the home, and being cautious of any earth-to-wood contact with the ground.
To keep your new home safe from the destruction of termites, it’s recommended to work with a professional termite exterminator such as Pest Defense Solutions.
How do you prevent termites when building a new home in El Paso TX? in El Paso TX
Serving Customers in El Paso TX and Anthony NM